Jun 20,2017
Jun 20,2017
Probably the rudest people I have ever spoken to.
When arriving, they said I hadn't paid my deposit and I had, they had to check it and say I was right. After a year, they deducted £150.00 out of my deposit for cleaning charges when the flat was cleaner than we had found it. They would not provide evidence of why it was so much - to say we didn't have any carpets and we used oven cleaner, defrosted freezer, mopped, sweeped, you name it. When I mentioned that the place was filthy when I got there, they admit they didn't check it in between the former tenant leaving and me arriving, as they thought as she was my colleague they didn't need to check it. Shortly after saying this, she said the cleaners and decorators took before and after pictures - in which I replied, well, if nobody checked it after my ex colleague left - where are the before pictures? The cleaners didn't clean it. What were the decorators decorating? The walls were filthy and the holes in the wall weren't filled up, we had to do all that. If no one was in there before I came in, how were before pictures taken? She then replied with she didn't want to bring up the previous tenant as she was 'old ground' and she is not covering old ground. I said we left it cleaner than we found it and I should have taken pictures to prove it - to which she replied it doesn't matter how many pictures I take, pictures won't bring up how sticky the surfaces were. £150.00!! Urgh! going round in circles! Really unprofessional and rude people.
I would think twice before renting off this contradicting company, as it seems they know every loophole in the book and they can pluck a random figure in their heads to charge their tenants after exiting the property. If I could review a '0' I would!
By: Katie Wright
Oct 12, 2017
Dear Danielle, thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to hear that you feel that Wentworth & Rose haven't given you a good service. I would however like to clarify that the deduction amount came from the landlord, not Wentworth & Rose and this was due to the property being left filthy which resulted in a thorough clean needed. I am sorry that your level of cleanliness didn't meet ours and the landlords expectations but a clean was required and an invoice provided for the amount of £150.00 by the cleaning company. I hope this settles any queries regarding the cleaning but please feel free to contact me on 07554004233 if you wish to discuss in more detail. Kind regards, Katie Wright, Managing Director, Wentworth & Rose.

Wentworth & Rose