Jun 17,2017
Paolo Maraio
Jun 17,2017
Never ever buy a house through sharman quinney. We paid out £600 for a broker who didn't get us a mortgage and took 6 weeks for this too! Now our circumstances have changed and its cost us the house because he took so long! His attitude stinks and he's the rudest man I've ever met. He'll blame anyone but himself for mistakes (including us!!!) and never apologises. Their solicitors aren't much better - they whack on charges for a chancel repair policy without telling you what that is sng why then when you say your not paying it they tell you if you don't they'll make you pay for the searches and then if it's found the property is liable they'll whack up the fee again! Also said that I'd never sell the house again without it because the next owner would look to me to have a policy and charge me for one anyway! So why am I not looking towards the seller myself???? Then they charged me fees for an ID check that I didn't know they were doing! So when we pulled out of buying the house I was left with a charge!! Then I said why was I not informed they would do a check when I rang and paid for the searches (they make you pay £350 rather than the quoted search price of £299.80 just in case they do extra searches and I told them I'd pay as I went and they agreed to inform me if there was anything else required. No mention of ID checks at all) and she told me she didn't have to tell me what work she was doing and when and that I needed to pay or they'd pursue me in court!! Their charges are less than clear despite what they claim and they'll charge for the privledge of giving your own money back to you! Absolute bullies. They never sent a receipt or an itemised breakdown and I'm disgusted by their attitude. The whole lot of them are cowboys. A bunch of liars. Also told us when we put our offer in etc. initially that the chain was just us and the seller so we'd be 2 months, but then when we threatened to walk away after the broker fiasco, rang to ensure me they were in no hurry because we were in a really long forward chain!! Well we were in a hurry! Trust me your interests are not looked after by them at all and they are only out for themselves. Avoid avoid avoid.
Hidden in plain sight charges everywhere. Solicitors give you an itemised quote but then add extra charges in lengthy paragraphs that suggest you might have to pay extra but don't tell you which of them apply to you! Why not put supposed compulsory ID checks in the breakdown bill they send!!!

Sharman Quinney