Jun 16,2017
Vicky Grayson-Seller
Andy Foster
Jun 16,2017
What an absolute joke!! Vicky was actually selling her own house. My mother traveled down from Northampton to view this property (which Vicky was aware of) and received a text an hour before the viewing to say she had verbally accepted an offer at full asking price. After a discussion with her boss Vicky agreed that as the offer had not been accepted online we could view the property but would need a decision that night (the viewing was at 6.30pm) My mum made an offer of £5,000 over the asking price and Vicky told her exactly what to put in writing when submitting her offer (she has sold her house and was a month in to the process, there was no chain, she was able to be a cash buyer and lodge a deposit immediately). Despite this her offer was rejected on the grounds of there being "a difference between wanting a house and needing a house"!! My mother has recently been widowed and needs to move closer to me - we didn't realise you had to share all of your personal details in order to buy a house....... The whole process from start to finish was managed in a very unprofessional way. The main crux of it being that Purplebricks are selling the house of the couple that made an offer on this property and the people buying the house next in the chain so the decision was quite obviously made on the commission and money to be made from the other sales rather than accepting the best offer from someone who is able to move quickly. As I said, totally unprofessional! I have seen a few horror stories about Purplebricks on Facebook but have never dealt with them personally. I just hope I never have to deal with them again.

Purplebricks