Jun 15,2017
Jun 15,2017
Describe Moss properties in 3 words:
Deceiving, Fake, Terrible
I have read through other reviews after my recent troubles with Moss, and the same statements keep coming up that they are 'friendly but useless'. This has been the case with myself.
They were quick to get us into a flat in Auckley, but once they had their money, they were done.
First problem occurred as soon as we moved in. We were told that there was going to be a washing machine in the flat, when we moved in there wasn't. It took over a month for them to even attempt to sort something out. Firstly they denied saying it, then tried to charge us for one. After them saying they would call us back .... which they never... they finally put a washing machine in the flat.
The second problem came just after we had signed a new rolling contract with them. Just after putting down a few for renewing the contract, we received a letter saying we had to move out as the flat was sold. We knew that the flat across from us was available, also asked to be moved across into there, which Moss said they would sort out for us. It took me having to phone them and do all the work for them to finally, 2 days before they wanted us to be kicked out of the flat, tell us with 'delight' that the flat hasn't been sold and we can stay. They say they will call you back and fix things but they don't. You're constantly left in the dark.
The final dispute came when moving out. Out of the £700 deposit/bond, they gave us back £35!!! Firstly they charged £150 for just checking the flat, but when I had asked about the bond previously they reassured that we will get it back and only deduct costs for cleaning. So just for you all to know that no matter what they will take £150 off your bond no matter what.
They charged over £200 for a 'deep clean'. Their team could only describe this to me as being 'a deeper clean than a normal clean'. And a further £240 to clean carpets in 2 bedrooms!!! Even though the flat was very well maintained, and at the most the carpets needed a hoover on them, Moss made out that we had left it in an 'unacceptable state'.... so I would say, for what they are going to take out of your bond for 'cleaning', you might as well make it worth their while, get your monies worth and wreck the place before you go.

Horrific company, and so glad I have gotten away from them for my next property.
Terrible, will take money from you as much as possible

Moss Properties