May 13,2012
May 13,2012
I was interested to buy this property and made an offer. Parkers has accepted my offer after 4 days. But within 24 hour they changed their mind and informed someone else has offered more and so we will take that offer, if you do not increase. As they told the new offer is significantly higher than my offer, I was not in a position to make an higher offer. They may be right in taking up the higher offer, but they are wrong in accepting my offer when they knew that someone else has seen the property already and has not made any offer yet. They should have waited for the other person to make an offer before accepting mine. This particular property was in the market for more than 8 weeks when I made the offer and what is surprising is, within a day of my offer getting accepted someone else made a significantly higher offer. There might not be anything dodgy here, but I can't convince myself that everything was in order all the way. I hope they do not do anything like this to anyone else.
By: Parkers Estate Agents
May 22, 2012
In response to your comment we would like to clarify the circumstances around your review and why we were unable to proceed with your offer. The original offer you made was within the first few weeks of marketing the property. Your offer was substantially lower than the asking price and was therefore rejected. After some time you requested we represent your offer, we attempted to do this but we were unable to get in touch with the vendor. When we finally had a response from the vendor, your offer was then accepted. In the meantime, other viewings were taking place and one of the applicants that viewed before your offer was accepted came in with a higher off which had to be presented to the vendor. The vendor decided to proceed with the higher offer, at which point we informed you of this and gave you the opportunity to increase on your original offer, which you declined. As an agent we have to act with our vendor’s best interest in mind and are legally obliged to present all offers. If you do wish to contact Parkers to discuss this further we would welcome this.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Parkers Estate Agents Office 9! To leave a new review of Parkers Estate Agents Office 9, please click the link below !
Write a review for Parkers Estate Agents Office 9