May 09,2012
May 09,2012
The initial choosing of a flat and signing everything all seemed fine and staff we dealt with in person at both the Purley and Wallington branches seemed lovely (for some reason even though we dealt with the Purley branch for everything we had to trek to the Wallington branch to sign the contract). Initial fees etc seemed high.

We were told on signing the contract that if we provided bank details, as part of the service we had paid for in the fees, they would contact all the relevant utilities companies and set them and also council tax up by direct debit on our behalf. This was never done despite us providing the information they requested.
In fact they actually told us we were with the completely wrong utilities providers so we happily sat waiting for money to be sucked out of our account for the bills, ignoring letters \'to the occupant\' believing them to be junk mail from providers the property was not signed to. Luckily we realised what had happened fairly soon and corrected it all otherwise we could have ended up in a very sticky situation.

In the June in our first year in the property we received a letter from Andrews announcing it was time to decide how long we wanted our next \'fixed term\' contract to be for (no option for a rolling one month contract). The contract was due for renewal end of September so I thought it was a bit early. Andrews also asked for an £84 admin fee to be paid, to draw up the new contract.

I filled in the form (requesting a one month rolling contract) and enclosed the cheque which was cashed a short while later (so it definately arrived). I never heard anything back. In mid September the landlord came to the flat to carry out some maintenance and we were talking and he had never heard anything from Andrews either about the renewal of the contract, let alone them producing anything for him to sign! Luckily he had assumed, as he had not heard from us, we wanted to stay on in the property. So I paid the £84 for no reason.

Now I have moved out of the property and one month 8 days later I have still not received my deposit back from Andrews. I am aware that unless it is disputed (and I know the landlord has confirmed for it to be returned in full) it is required to be returned within 10 days, so I am not happy!

I shall definately never deal with Andrews again, this was my fourth time renting and I have never had issues like this with any other agents.
By: Disgruntled
Jun 18, 2012
Your experience with Andrews and deposits mirrors ours. Once Andrews has your money they seem only to care about their relationship with the landlord. They are unhelpful in providing references re financial probity to new landlords claiming they do not manage properties even when, in our case, they have taken rent six months in advance and know us to be financially sound. I sold a property through Andrews this January but after my 2 year experience as a tenant I would not deal with them again. We have never had problems getting our deposit returned from any other agent.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Andrews office-59! To leave a new review of Andrews office-59, please click the link below !
Write a review for Andrews office-59