May 05,2012
May 05,2012
My entire experience with Cedar Estates from the moment I signed a tenancy agreement until the day I completed my dealings with them has been a nightmare. I strongly urge any potential tenants to think twice before dealing with them.

From the outset I was promised a furnished flat. The over-enthusiastic agent on showing me the property told me the flat came with most of the furniture and appliances included. Yet when I moved in, the items he promised were nowhere to be found and I was belittlingly informed by the manager of the West End Lane office that I must have been mistaken and imagined much of what I recalled from my viewing. He in fact even kindly reminded me that if I didn\'t want the flat there are four times more tenants than properties in London so they could find someone else if I didn\'t want it.

Also at the viewing, I brought a damp looking patch on one wall and condensation inside a glazed window to the attention of the agent. He was quick to dismiss it and ensure me the flat was not damp. A few months following this, however, I noticed that some of my clothes in the cupboard had gone mouldy and then realised that all the walls inside the built-in cupboards were wet. I informed Cedar Estates and they duly went about blaming me for the damp. They said that the flat was not damp but that in fact I had caused the problem by showering. They said that I had to clean the walls with bleach, permanently have an additional extractor fan in the property on, try to keep my electric heater on more (never mind the bill at my expense), and they had their maintenance department come and drill holes in the cupboards.

One of the agents also promised she would find out about reimbursing me for my clothes or their cleaning. However, I never heard back from her on this matter.

Needless to say even though from then on I had the extractor fan on permanently, the flat was still damp and my clothes wet.

Once my 8 month lease was up and I moved out (I would not have dared terminate my contract any earlier given the great expense I would likely have incurred), I hired a professional cleaning service to clean the flat. Unsurprisingly, however, when it came time for my deposit to be returned, Cedar Estates had taken money off for cleaning citing that the flat was not fully cleaned. Fair enough, I contacted the cleaning service about this. Although, I get the feeling that Cedar Estates is likely to have taken money off of the deposit in any eventuality given the appalling service I received from them during my tenancy. I expected nothing less.

Please please everyone, I know it\'s an agents\' market in London right now, but if you can help it, save yourselves the hassle, heartache, and expense of renting a property from Cedar Estates. Just because we have to rent in London does not mean we deserve to be mistreated by dishonest and undermining estate agents.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Cedar Estates Office 1! To leave a new review of Cedar Estates Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Cedar Estates Office 1