We have dealt with this agency for a number of years as private tenants. While their service and communication started off well (around 2007), it has been getting a lot worse over the last few years. Their office staff are incredibly rude, to the point where I absolutely refuse to go into their office or speak to them on the phone - and the honour of communicating with them befalls my husband. I really do believe that we are reasonable and understanding people who generally get on well with others, but Yellands has certainly tested my limits on several occasions. In fairness, I have to say that the managers of the agency are easier to deal with, but getting hold of them is quite difficult. If bad communication, rude office staff, waiting around in vain for the gas man, pay-your-rent-yesterday-but-get-repairs-done-next-week, next month, next year is your thing, this is the letting agency for you! If you do decide to rent from them, here are some handy tips:
1. Always speak to the boss (you will waste your time otherwise)
2. Always phone several times to report anything that has to be repaired
3. Be prepared to repair it yourself
4. Phone again, they will not phone you back as promised
5. If they say a repair will take 2 days, multiply by 5.
6. If you dare to complain about anything, be prepared to be lectured by the office staff on how thankful you should be that your rent is so low and that repairs are being done at all.
What agent could do to change your mind?
Professional communication. Call back as promised. Reasonable repairs. Honesty in how long it will take to repair anything.