May 04,2012
May 04,2012
Horrible, horrible, horrible service!
The place was in pretty fair condition - and they did take care of it at relatively short notice - but that was all.
First they asked for my part of the rent (six months!!) in advance because they didn\'t "buy" my sponsor letter -which in all fairness was from abroad. BUT-
-after I paid it they asked me for a student confirmation letter, which I had not brought in by that time but it was already in progress with the university - an agent had directly spoken to a university secretary, everything was on its way,
- and as I said i ALREADY paid the rent!!! But they literally said to me they could not let me move into the flat because of that missing confirmation letter.
It all worked out eventually on the same day - but then there was of course the tenancy:
People let themselves in on behalf of the agency without any notice in advance - then letters of notice were sent after the "visit".
I would get messages saying I had not been present at the appointed time to let in a care taker when repairs were needed to be made - only that appointment has never been made!
When asking them for a sort of agreement to get out of the sixth months contract early -offering them to look for a suitable successor on my own behalf -they repeatedly fed me with: "We will discuss that with the landlord" - never to be heard of again.
All this back and forth with arranging and rearranging appointments or filing inquiries - it\'s my time I lost - but also THEY are losing time with it!!!
It\'s frustrating as it is pointless... just bad business.
Bottom line - S.T.A.Y. A.W.A.Y.!
By: Unhappy
May 30, 2012
I rented a propety via these people too and I also always received letters days after someone has just let themself in. They backdated the letters of course but the postmark was always after the day they visited. It made me feel quite unsure in my own home.
By: Ann Durrell
May 09, 2012
h4u_ann, a few seconds ago:

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear you have not had a favourable experience with our agency.

With student tenancies, tenants required to provide a UK based guarantor who is able to guarantee the rent in the event that the tenant does not adhere to the terms of the tenancy agreement. When this is not possible, as with many international students, the landlord may request the whole, or a portion of the rent for the period of the tenancy agreement is paid in advance. Not all landlords will accept a letter of sponsorship in place of a UK guarantor or upfront rent payment due to a clause stating that sponsorship will cease if the student were to leave university.

We are required under our agreement with the landlords to take written confirmation from any student tenants of their student status prior to the release of keys, this is especially prevalent where a tenant is moving into private student halls as if a tenant were to be a professional it would have implications with council tax for yourself and plannings/permitted usage for the property.

This time of year is not the most popular for the letting of student rooms on a short term basis and there are several rooms within the development available due to tenants change in circumstances and so it has not been possible to find a new tenant in order for you to be released from your tenancy agreement.

I am sorry if you did not receive your letters prior to the appointments, we do post letters in good time for appointments which would have been received to the communal letter box’s in the reception area.

If you do wish to discuss the matter please do contact me on 0161 448 4808 or email and I will be pleased to look into the situation further for you Ann Durrell Operations Executive homes4u

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of homes4u ltd Office 1! To leave a new review of homes4u ltd Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for homes4u ltd Office 1