May 11,2017
May 11,2017
I decided to rent a property with reeds rains 3 months ago, they always apeared professional from the beginning. The day I received my keys for the house I had chosen to rent i noticed mould in the top section of the kitchen roof and behind the cupboards of the kitchen sink. I had not noticed this when initially viewing the property. I went back to the agent and explained the problem. I was unwilling to contuine with renting the property unless this issue was taken care of as I was pregnant and was unhappy with the thought of bringing my newborn into a house with mould. I was told the work would definantly be completed before my baby was due to arrive because as any mother could imagine having builders doing work when you have just brought a new baby home isn't ideal. The agents had 3 months from the time I moved in untill my booked c section on the 15th of may to ensure the work was carried out. Unfortunately I have felt that I have just been 'panned' off by them and the contracted builder for the past 3 months. They have always been polite when I have rang muiltpule times over this timescale and apologetic when needed regarding the issue and the work being done. I have never been the kind of person that just complains for the sake of it or likes to complain but ive found myself extremly dissapointed in this agents. I know it has not been through any fault of the landlords as I was told they had given the go ahead for the work to be paid for. After being put in contact with a builder by the agents I was told it would be the next week then the next week and so on. This is after many weeks of trying to get the agents to move faster with actualy getting a builder out to me. I feel it was not my responsibility to chase up the agents time and time again to be given different excuses and then to be expected to chase up a builder which they had chosen for the work. As you can see by the date of this review my child arrives in a few days and the work has still not been completed and I doubt will be completed before I go into hospital. This leaves me with the choice of bringing my child back to the home and then attempting again to have the kitchen roof taken off and fixed over three days while trying to settle in with my baby or waiting many more months on the work to be done. Instead I have decided to stay with my parents afterwards untill the work can be carried out at some point. I feel extremly let down by the agents and the builder over this matter and what should have been an enjoyable time bringing my newborn home to a house I had tired to perpare for him over the months has been made difficult and stressful. Over these months I have always paid my rent while living in conditions I clearly stated from the beginning I was not happy with. I hope that maybe this review will be seen by the agents at the carrickfergus branch as they will know excactly who this review is from and maybe it will spark a little drive in them to get what I have asked for from the beginning completed without me having to worry about chasing it up. I have been extremly patient during the 3 months with them regarding this and I have never been rude to anyone over the matter. I just fell as though they have walked over and disregarded over and over. Currently I would not recommend this agents if you are planing to rent. I have given 2 stars based on the politeness of the staff.

Reeds Rains