May 04,2012
May 04,2012
After reading previous reviews, one thing I will say for Platinum - they do not discriminate - they are ABSOLUTELY APPALLING to landlords and tenants alike.

After giving me a heartfelt, seemingly genuine sales pitch I agreed to allow them to let my property. Biggest mistake I have ever made. Despite them placing a completely unsuitable tenant who promptly went into rent arrears and who left the property in a terrible state, that turned out to be the least of my worry. Just dealing with Platinum proved to be an even worse, sickening experience.

Every time I had a legitimate concern regarding said tenant, David O\' Connor either shouted, double-talked or down right lied. At one point he even hung up. He is an utterly unprofessional, rude and ignorant BULLY. They will do/say anything to entice you into signing over property then transform into bullish thugs before the ink dries. If you don\'t believe me, just visit their pokey, grim little outfit in the town centre for a first hand account. I truly wish I had before embarking on the most stressful year of my life.

Pls do yourself a huge favour and STAY have been warned.
Absolutely nothing. They are cowboys. I would have reported then to the Property Ombudsmen had I not moved abroad. I hope you black list them as it is unfair to inflict them on the unsuspecting public. I just hope potential customers read these reviews before committing to the most horrendous \"Estate Agents\' around. Thank you.
By: David OConnor
Sep 19, 2012
We are understandably disappointed to read such vitriolic abuse.
I am uncertain exactly which property this relates to. All I can really say is that the facts speak for themselves, over 10 years and thousands of tenancies we have had only 1 written complaints from a Landlord that was not resolved to the Landlord satisfaction. We are members of ‘The Property Ombudsman’ ‘TPO’ and over 10 years received only 1 formal complaint from a Landlord that was sent to TPO. That an average of one every 10 years.
We take all complaints serious, and we would encourage this individual to make a complaint via the normal channel (a letter) however this sort of abuse is unlikely motivate by service issues and most likely undertaken from unscrupulous competitors.
Managing properties and Landlords expectations is not always easy. We always attempt to be fair and reasonable while looking after the Landlord interest. We will go a long way to accommodate a Landlord request as long as it is Legal and fair.
The only reason that we occasional decide to remove a Landlord from out books is when a Landlord attempts to fraudulently charge a tenant for maintenance. We use APIP & NFoPP qualified inventory professionals and apply law and fairness when deciding if a ‘Landlord’ or ‘Tenant’ is responsible for issues around the property. We cannot accept a Landlord attempting to refurbish their property at the tenant’s expense; this may have been the case here as I cannot think of any other instance when a Landlord would be this unhappy.
The facts are clear:-
Platinum Lettings successfully manage hundreds of properties.
Platinum Lettings have processed thousands of successful tenancies.
Platinum Lettings have qualified, experienced professionals that can deal with the challenges of the rental industry.
Platinum Lettings protect our deposit with the DPS service and due to the close monitoring of properties rarely make a disputed deposit deduction.
10 years in lettings, large town centre offices, solid security for any tenant of Landlord.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Platinum Estates (Crawley) Office 1! To leave a new review of Platinum Estates (Crawley) Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Platinum Estates (Crawley) Office 1