May 09,2017
Andrew Potter
May 09,2017
I contacted Purple Bricks on the 18th December 2015 and asked them to value my 1 bedroom flat which is 50% shared ownership. I was given the price after looking at the other adverts on right move that the local expert had complied and she gave me my price. I agreed to go ahead and get them to act for me as she seemed well informed in what she was saying.

I got the email with the terms and conditions and clicked on the box to agree. I was told that my advert would be up by Boxing day as it is a popular time for people to look as Christmas arguments etc..... I got my board before the new year but the advert didn't go live until the 4th Jan 2016.

Every time I got something altered like new pictures etc I was told it would be done and live later that day and it took about a week to happen.

The 1st local expert who did the valuation left the company under acrimonious circumstances after about a couple of month after I instructed them and after not hearing anything for a while I got a phone call saying she had left and they are going to put me with a local expert that deals with Chester for now until they get someone new in for my area. I got the message about the new person on the 20th April and didn't hear anything for about a month or 2 until I heard anything from my new expert.

I sorted out the EPC certificate with the landlord and this was included with my fees and it was 3 times until they took it off.

I have not had 1 single viewing or feedback or enquire since the 4th January and its 266 days and counting.

I was shocked when I was told that I would have to pay the fees in total within 10 months if the property is sold or not. I was told it has to be paid by October which my argument as it wasn't explained to me in the initial meeting.

If we knew this then we would of saved up the money over the time but as it was on my direct debit list on my online banking I didn't think anything different that they would of taken it monthly.

All I get is its all in the terms and conditions all the time rammed down our mouth and after writing a large complaint they agreed to reduce the fees by £200 down to £798. Every time they are saying they are going to do something and they say its going to be done later that day and it takes them about a week for it to be done.

There website on the home page states that about an average of 2 weeks to find a buyer for your property..... which is clearly a lie also.

I don't agree that I should have to pay all this money for basically taking some photos and doing a floor plan and sticking it on some websites which is all they have done.

I asked CAB for advise and they asked me to write a letter or email to them regarding the complaints procedure and I was told because I agreed to reduction in fees my complaint can not be re open so that did no good and so I thought I would send a tweet.

I ended up taking legal advice as the valuation they gave me was negligent and I threatened to take them to the ombudsman. After a lot of stress and upset caused by purple bricks they ended up offering to reduce the fees by 50% which I took as it was affecting my health and wellbeing dealing with them. I paid the money and took the property off the market and will be going with a local traditional estate agent. I now tell people to not touch purple bricks with a 10 mile barge pole as they are such a sham of a company. We ,took the pay later option so after 10 month they get there money regardless or should I say they take a loan out in your name and you have a pay a finance company so take that as you will. Go traditional don't be fooled by the idea of the online agent, they get money for taking a few photos and creating an advert.
very very very bad