Jun 09,2009
Jun 09,2009
I have a property near Barking. Solitaire were imposed on everyone by the developer (Barratt). The level of maintenance on the development of about 70 properties has always been minimal.

The summary accounts used to justify their annual bill reveals low levels of actual maintenance plus ridiculously high management fees plus very high payments to "reserves" - it's never mentioned what these reserves will be used for.

Emails to the company are completely ignored. Their only area of proven efficiency is the high productivity of their letter-sending department routinely threatening to take you to court for non-payment of their bills.
By: ihatemylandlord
Nov 02, 2010
Adrian, whereabouts in barking btw? We might live in the same place?
By: pb1612
Nov 06, 2009
I bought my property from Barratts in 1996, I have complained to Barratts about Solitaire as soon as I moved in and I also questioned why they handed the property management to incompetent rip-off merchants Solitaire.

It seems that Barratt work hand in hand with Solitaire and despite the appalling track record of Solitaire, Barratt kept on dealing with Solitaire.

OM Property Management