Apr 28,2012
Apr 28,2012
Trying to get my deposit back for forth week now. There was no dispute. In contract they said must be paid within 10 days. I would like to see if I didn\'t paid rent for three weeks if they would be so relax about it. Promises to call back etc. Nothing happening. Still couldn\'t close suppliers account as I haven\'t received any paperwork from them.
do job properly
By: Nicky Barnes
May 30, 2012
Dear Jo,
We have just spoken and am just clarifiying the points discussed.
We are sorry that there was a delay in the release of your deposit. This was partly due to a delay in getting your check out report. When you spoke to the Property Manager on 26th April this was immediately chased up and agreement sought from your Landlord to release the deposit. As soon as we had the Landlord's consent we actioned the deposit and you should have had the funds in your bank account on or around the 30th April. You left the property on 4th April, and whilst we agree that the deposit took longer than usual, and we apologise for this, this is within the usual recommended time scale of 28 days in the contract.
I am following up with you to via email as well, but in the meantime, we hope you will accept our apology for the above.
Thank you for your time, we do take all comments seriously and we will use the feedback you have given to improve our service in the future.
Nicky Barnes
Lettings Manager
By: Nicky Barnes
May 26, 2012
Dear Jo,
I am sorry to hear that you have experienced a delay in getitng your deposit back. Please can you contact me to let me know which property you were renting so that I can look into these delays. I will then able to report to you the reasons why this may have occurred.
In regards to your final accounts all you need is the meter reading that you took on your last day or the final date of your tenancy. Pass these onto the utility suppliers/ council tax department and they will send you your closing account.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Nicky Barnes
Lettings Manager
By: Andy
May 22, 2012
Hi Jo, I had exactly the same problem with them. They keep passing the buck and making excuses for reasons for not paying you back on time they even took extra money from me "by accident".Make sure all dealings with them is strictly by E-mail so you have a paper trail. As anything said verbally they will just deny.

I have just taken them to the property Ombudsman and have won on several counts one of which , you guessed it holding back money for an unreasonable time.

It was a long drawn out process doing this but if it comes to it the ombudsman asks for proof of anything said. As I found out if its not down in black and white they can wriggle out of it.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Ellisons Estate Agents Morden! To leave a new review of Ellisons Estate Agents Morden, please click the link below !
Write a review for Ellisons Estate Agents Morden