Apr 11,2017
Gary
By: 'Cheated by the estate agent'
Apr 11,2017
I was cheated by the estate agent. I rented a small and old studio flat at Holloway Road on june 2016. Basically i chose this one because was "bills included" and near my job in Camden Town. Quite expensive by the way, but "bills included". Now, the bills started to show up for me to pay and i realized that he gave me a contract to sign with bills not included. My falt to believe on him when i was excited to move and he said for me to sign the contract where was everything we had talked about. I just sign it, i didn't read every single line, i believed on him! Now i'm feeling wasted cheated for this agency. Worst rent strategy ever! And a lesson for me to read every single small line before to sign anything. Ah, i forgot to say that they charged 10% more of the deposit, agent fee and first month rent (quite a good money!) because i paid by CASH!!!!!
By: Customer Services
Apr 15, 2017
I am really sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the service received. Our customers are very important to us as we are not no.1, YOU ARE. You have been in the property for almost a year now and I understand you have just received your first bill. When you sent the bill to us and said that you were told all bills were included we checked three things before coming back to you. 1) The property advert - this did not say bills included 2) The tenancy agreement which you read carefully in detail and asked questions before signing 3) Most importantly we have a 10 point checklist which we go through with all tenants at the point of signing with the most important clauses of the contract we read through each point and get you to tick and sign that you understand. One of the points states "The tenant is responsible for all utility bills and for changing into your name" you signed and ticked that you understood. These three points made us very clear that you were not mislead. You were also incorrect about the fee if paying in cash, we always advise tenants to pay by card as its easier for us as we do not need to make a visit to the bank, as per our tenant information sheet there is a 3% surcharge, not 10% should you pay by cash as commercial banks charge for depositing cash. It is a tenant's choice how they pay the move in monies.

Square Quarters