Apr 25,2012
Apr 25,2012
Rented a flat off Sherlock Homes last year, on first look the property seems great however after we moved in we found a large hole in the wall, that had been covered up by the estate agent who had showed us round. They also lied about a stain on the ceiling, which turned out to be mould caused by a leaking roof. This was reported numerous times and supposedly fixed however still ran like a tap every time it rained. The windows in the lounge and second bedroom were almost falling out, they were being held in by gaffa tape ! This was repaired after several complaints. We moved out of the property over 6months ago and are still in dispute over our deposit, they have tried to charge us for repairing the hole in the wall, the mould on the ceiling and various other items which are all on the itinerary they provided us with. There is also a charge for cleaning, which I'm pretty sure will not be done as when we moved into the flat it was filthy. I would advise anyone not to use this estate agents, however if you do be sure to have a good look round the property, behind doors and curtains in particular.
By: unhappy
Nov 19, 2012
they are a joke, im now going through same thing with them. sayin loads of damage to property ive moved out of. met landlady there she agreed all was fine. now they want all bills proof im uptodate. done research today the woman that owns company HELEN ARMSTRONG is under cps investigation as she stole£42,500. from wren propertys when she worked for them. they are a underhand sly agents. never use them
By: Another angry recent former tenant
Oct 10, 2012
I moved out of a sherlock homes house 3 months ago. They insisted before they would return the deposit they needed proof that I had paid all the bills up to date. We went in and had all the final bills photocopied. They then said we needed a bill to prove we hadn't had a telephone line. so... you want me to call up a company i haven't used and get them to confirm in writing i haven't used them? I'm sure that's standard practice... NOT! 3 months later still no deposit, our file with the photocopies has gone missing and the girl that did it has "left." Absolutely shocking all I advise is if you are in one of their property's you start planning your exit now. Otherwise you will be waiting a long time for any money!
By: recent former tenant
Oct 09, 2012
Hi, I wish I did a research on this letting agency before. I just move d out and now disputing over bulbs and iron board which I never used...the problem is that when I moved out all bulbs were working and I never used yhe iron board, now I m in dispute for 80 pounds... The problem is how to prove it when I cleaned all the home and left in a better condition than moved in, i made photos of every room, but did not think to make photo of lights on....
By: Estellabella
Jun 14, 2012
OMG, this is too much of a co-incidence. My Boyfriend and I rented off a an estate agent in Manchester a few years ago by the name of Design Living who were completely corrupt, their director Raymond Sherlock closed up without telling anyone and left tenants and landlords in trouble whilst holding on to their deposits. We never got our deposit back, we put in numerous complaints and never received anything even close to an explanation for all our trouble with them. If its the same people starting up again under this new name please avoid them at all costs.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Sherlock Homes Estate Agents Office 1! To leave a new review of Sherlock Homes Estate Agents Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Sherlock Homes Estate Agents Office 1