Apr 23,2012
Apr 23,2012
This agent almost made us homeless. I do not usually write reviews but this was a very stressful situation for us at the time and seeing other reviews has given me a little confidence to write my feelings.
We saw a lovely property in Stratford, very nice house and very convenient for travelling to work.
At first the agents were very nice to us; we viewed the property and put a £500 holding deposit onto the property, as they told us someone else was interested. We gave our notice to our landlord and prepared to move out of our current property. It was not until our second viewing that we found out (from the current tenants) that the house was actually for sale and that even if we were going to move in they would disturb us with viewings and strangers coming to see the property. We did ask the agents and they said that the property was no longer for sale. It was for this reason that we put the deposit down. On the off chance, we bumped into the current tenants (after meeting the lady at the viewing) who mentioned that they were still getting viewings for the 'sale' of the property. In fact someone had actually put an offer in on the property (the lady said she had spoken to the people when they came to visit the property). When we heard this my husband called the agent and asked about this, they said no-one had put in an offer. We were not convinced as we had already put the money down as a deposit and were a bit worried; it was only a few weeks until our moving date. My husband called every day for a week when eventually they confirmed that they had actually accepted an offer on the 'sale' of the property but that we could still move in for a few months but that we might have to move out when the owners completed the sale. We were incredulous that they could even offer us that, with young children to add to the equation.
As you can imagine, having a young son (18 months old) and our friends who we were moving in with and their nine month old daughter and having only one week until our moving day the race to find another property was very stressful for all of us.
We did eventually get our £500 back but not without a lot of negotiation with them. They were uncooperative and not very helpful when my husband spoke to them.
So I would not recommend this agent to anyone.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Victoria Knight Office 1! To leave a new review of Victoria Knight Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Victoria Knight Office 1