May 29,2009
May 29,2009
Duck & Hedges managed to move in two new tenants a WEEK before my flatmate and I were due to move out... Cue coming back from a day out with two strange men standing in the living room and all of our belongings piled up in one of the bedrooms.

This was the straw that broke a mangy camel of tenancy disasters. While our property wasn't 'managed' by D&H, the tenancy procedures (both beginning and end) were painful beyond belief.

The astonishing incompetence wasn't quite as hard to swallow as the rudeness that accompanied it. When showing around prospective tenants, the agents would barge in unannounced. They also lost their key and hounded us with calls throughout the day to demand we be in when it suited their house viewings.
By: Emmusch020
Jul 26, 2009
We had the keys!!! They turned up at our flat un-announced whilst we were away, still unsure why as this has still not been explained to us, and the incompetent fools left them behind and were unable to get back in!

It was not until we arrived back to find the keys and our some of our belongings tampered with that they even realised we had them. They then insisted we travel to their offices to given them back, I informed them it would have to be taken our of their own time to recover the keys!

It has been two months since we have moved out of their property and we have still to receive our deposit!

Their list of admin and check in/out charges are ridiculous... anyone noticed the brand spanking new office they have, I wonder where that money came from.

Anyone considering dealing with these agents BEWARE, it will be one of the worst experiences of your life. I have never in my life dealt with such rude inconsiderate people and say goodbye to the best part of your deposit!
By: justiceforrenters
Jun 18, 2009
The only way Duck and Hedges will ever learn is if you complain to the Association of Residential Lettings Agents (ARLA) or the National Federation of Property Professionals ( If you complaint concerns financial concerns (deposits, rent not returned) then contact The Property Ombudsmen ( There are several forms to complete, however, if no one takes action Duck and Hedges will continue to offer this appalling service.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Duck and Hedges Office 1! To leave a new review of Duck and Hedges Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Duck and Hedges Office 1