We found a house that we thought would be perfect for us and engaged fox and sons to arrange a viewing. When we arrived at the agreed time, the agent was just going in with another family and asked that we wait outside so we ended up just standing on the pavement while they viewed the property. As they got into their car, the agent called us in and we looked around. The viewing went well and although the property showed definate signs of age and some structural issues we decided that it was a project we were up to taking on. The agent told us that he worked on behalf of the seller but then said that the seller would take 15k less than the asking price so to bear tha in mind when offering and to ensure that a full structural survey was done.
When we went home we discussed the property and decided to make an offer so went in 5K less that the lower price Fox had stated that the seller would accept but the agent who we spoke to who apparently worked on behalf of the buyer said that was too high and recommended a lower price still. They also stated that they would not put the offer forward until we got an offer of a mortgage letter and accepted the offer on our house which we did despite their being a bidding war on our house so made us lose out on further potential higher offers.
Strangely the lower offer they recommended got rejected but i think this was just a ploy on their part to to prolong the whole process and get more people through the door but we went back with a higher offer and they said they would go back and let the seller know. Then nothing. No contact from them, everytime we called to find out what was happening, they said that they had just got off the phone with them and they had no answers or they had only just got into the office (1:30 in the afternoon?). A week later, nothing still so we called them to give a deadline for the offer to be valid and suddenly several others had offered with higher values and either we needed to offer the full asking price or bow out which is what we decided to do. The house was definately not worth the asking price as the roof above the window had collapsed in and would have needed to be rebuilt.
All in all, not a good experience and after all of this time, we are now back at square one whilst making our buyer wait longer to move. As with others on here, the only contact we seemed to get from Fox was every other day with them offering a mortgage which we already have in place or wanting to sell our house which they knew we had done at their insistance.
I would definately not use them again and would honestly recommend to anyone looking to sell or buy that they explore all and any other option available rather than be pressured into selling with no hope of any offer under their over inflated asking price even being put forward.