Apr 21,2012
Apr 21,2012
The worst landlords I've ever dealt with. Never resolved a *single* problem, even when to do with issues as serious as water leaks, mould, or broken boilers. Increased the rent year-on-year after hiking it by £100/month AFTER we had signed the papers and paid the deposit, claiming that 'the website was wrong'. Attempted to keep 100% of our deposit by lying to the Deposit Protection Scheme. Will do a good job of shmoozing you when you first view the property, but once your contract is signed they want nothing to do with you, unless it's to do with squeezing more money out of you. The Google reviews of the North Manchester branch tell the whole story. I left an area and a building I liked because I couldn't bear the idea of having to deal with Martin & Co any longer. Avoid at all costs. There are good landlords out there!

** UPDATE APRIL 2012 ** - The DPS unsurprisingly decided in Martin & Co's favour RE: inflated cleaning bills, and as a result I lost 75% of the deposit (although M&C tried for 100%) despite me leaving the place tidier and cleaner than it was when I moved in. I have since settled in to a new home with new landlords that actually resolve issues, are honest about fees, and deal with me in a friendly and amicable way. I hope to never have to deal with Martin & Co again except to warn my friends and family away.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Martin & Co Office 104! To leave a new review of Martin & Co Office 104, please click the link below !
Write a review for Martin & Co Office 104