Mar 17,2017
Mar 17,2017
Townends have managed my property for the last 3 and a half years and I couldn't be happier to finally be getting rid of them.

Firstly the few positives:
- Their Guildford office staff were always polite, helpful and usually got back to me fairly promptly (aside from the time they denied there was flooding in Guildford - I was in Australia and it made the news there)
- One particular member of staff in Head Office, Emily did everything she could to rectify my problems, but unfortunately can only work within the systems she is given.

So here are the negatives:
- The accounts department not bothering to check that the amount the tenants pay matches what they owe and then take months to rectify the situation
- The assumption" that when the tenants paid £600 up front that I'd be happy for Townends to hang on to that and pay it to me month by month
- The tone of voice used by the maintenance team when I call and they assume I am the tenant not the landlord. I expect my tenants to be treated with as much respect as me, not in a dismissive, couldn't care less tone.
- The complete and utter lack of communication about maintenance. I requested a quote back in April for maintenance work on the showers in my property and despite numerous occasions of chasing both Townends and their useless contractor INEX, I still have nothing.
- INEX and Townends trying to rip people off by quoting hundreds of pounds for a new toilet, for what turned out to be a £60 fix job.
- No house inspections being done unless specifically asked

I could go on. Townends obviously have too many properties to manage and doesn't have the systems and procedures to cope - I seemed to deal with a different person or department each time I have what could be the same query. Perhaps Townends is arrogant enough to believe that it doesn't matter if it keeps customers or not.
The actual fees from Townends seemed fairly standard, but the quotes their maintenance company provided were expensive.

Townends