Apr 17,2012
Apr 17,2012
I enquired with Express Agency about selling my house, which has been on the market for some time. We have offers which are not in a position to proceed at this time. A valuer arrived at my house, and after a survey and chat, informed me that the house would be marketed at £10k less than it was currently on the market for. Asked about fees I was told the minimum amounted to £3,600 after VAT was added which is over twice that of a regular agent. Asked about multiple agents, I was told they would be sole agent and any offers accepted by buyers who previously viewed would require my paying Express Agency their fee also.

I concluded that all they do is reduce the price of your house currently marketed by £10k. Charge a ridiculously high fee. Ensured they had a monopoly on the sale of my property.

There may be other twists which I never found as I declined.

Had they allowed multiple agents I would have considered proceeding.
Allowed Multiple Agents, and maintained Marketed value. That way I would have proceeded.

Write a review for Express Estate Agency Head Office