May 19,2009
May 19,2009
I have NEVER used such an incompetent agency. My flatmate and I are both professionals and have spent most of the past 8 months chasing Ludlow Thompson to do their own job and fix a number of things in the property they are meant to be "managing", and which they had previously agreed to sort out. If I personally acted and ignored my clients they way they do to theirs I would have been sacked a long time ago.

We signed a contract through Ludlow Thompson about 8 months ago and have had no end of problems. A number of things were agreed and meant to be sorted out prior to us moving in (including removing mould and dirty grouting from the bathroom), however nothing has been repaired.

Since moving in we have had additional problems with a gas heater that doesn't work, a window that doesn't even open and a mirrored wardrobe which we have found out recently is a "health and safety hazard" (mentioned to us by one of their own contractors).

Their property management system is really lacking - everyone passes the buck and devolves responsibility where possible. You get ignored by your "dedicated property manager" and after a number of calls, emails and complaints later, we're still waiting on things to be sorted out.

Unfortunately, this review system doesn't let you award "no stars" to the agency, as I would if I could.

We have since been in touch with the Property Ombudsman for Lettings and they advised us to go through their compaints procedure and contact Laura Mathias, however apparently she has no telephone number!!!!! We have since sent an email detailing our ongoing complaints (yet again), and are awaiting the outcome.

If anyone from Ludlow Thopson would like to respond to the above, it would be most welcome as they never return our emails or calls when we contact them deirectly.

Don't do it - stay away from Ludlow Thompson.
By: Ludlow Thompson
May 22, 2009
Ludlow Thompson would like to offer our apologies that the clients are still awaiting repairs that were reported some time ago. It is not something we would wish anyone to experience and can appreciate the inconvenience and stress this must have caused.

On any reports of repairs the maintenance team will, wherever possible, allocate general contractors who are able to carry out multiple repairs in one call out, to minimise the time and cost involved. Unfortunately with hindsight in this instance it would have been better to assign a specialized contractor to address the damp in the bathroom. We accept that there was and apologise for the breakdown in communication between ourselves and the general contractor who attended in the first instance which meant there was a failure to report the severity of the issues. Now we are equipped with the information we have re allocated this to such a specialist.

The gas fire is reported as isolated and its gas supply can not be re instated, therefore, is of no risk. A request to have this removed has been made to the landlord.

We would like to offer our sincere apologies again and we will seeking advise from our legal team in relation to a compensation offer for the clients.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Oval! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Oval, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Oval

(Oval Office/Branch)12 Clapham Road Lambeth, London