Mar 21,2012
Mar 21,2012
When I was originally shown the property, I was lead to believe by the agent (who was also the manager of the branch) that they specialised in people on benefits, which was something we were sold on. Apparently their fees were much lower than any agents locally, and they would help us in any way possible.

Unfortunately, this wasn't exactly true, as their fees were higher than the agents we'd used in the past.
We were told that the neighbours were all very nice, which was also only partially true, as the man upstairs behaved like a raging murderer, frightening my entire family.
The first downfall came on moving day, when the agent didn't arrive to give me my keys for over an hour after the original time we agreed upon.
The next problem came the very first night we lived there, when there was a gas leak in our childs bedroom, apparently the checks were not performed properly, as the gas had been leaking for a long time and not been properly maintained.
Anything maintenance wise was a joke, as the boiler was on the fritz for a while, and it took phoning them almost every day for a week to get an update on when the repairs would be undertaken.
The property itself is in pretty bad repair, clearly the landlord cut corners and did everything as cheaply as possible, yet these things mean that I have to contact the agents to get them sorted.

I feel like I have at time had my calls ignored, rejected and passed around, for the fun of it, as if I am some kind of nuisance for wanting my issues dealt with.
The communication between the staff is laughable, as appointments have been made for an agent and not kept. They say they'll call you back and they don't. No time frames are ever given to you. An appointment was made for "around lunch time" and as of 3 pm, I called the office to ask as to whether they knew whether the agent was on their way, and was told they would find out for me, and did not hear from them.
It's a mystery to me as to why they would bother with a property so far from their office (almost 30 miles), and not take travel time into consideration when giving times for appointments. I'm here anyway, and it is a waste of my time to be in and waiting all day when an appointment is supposed to have been made. Honestly feel like I am just another pocket for them to dip into for money, they seem to just run on their own time and have no issue with making their tenants angry.
I have friends who have used them who have said they are useless money grabbing monkeys, so I guess my words to anyone would be don't use unless you really can't help it. We had no choice, and in the future, we definitely will not use them again!
By: angry tenant
Feb 19, 2013
Same problem here i am afraid, I am currently letting a property from them have lived here 6 months nearly and for 4 have had damp and black mould, i have reported this and was told they did not deal with the maintenance and would need to contact the landlord, which i have, the problem is in the process of being rectified. the house was in a terrible condition and has ruined all the decorating we have done due to the damp which i have not been reimbursed for. and to top it off I just got a tenancy renewal letter giving me 1 week to pay the renewal fee of £200!! when i rang and asked what this was i was told pay it or vacate at the end of the month or they would go for repossession of the property.

Awful people to deal with, all money orientated and very unprofessional and considering they are SUPPOSED to have the lowest fees for people on benefits and low incomes believe me they make up for them else where!!

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Seekers Residential Lettings Office 1! To leave a new review of Seekers Residential Lettings Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Seekers Residential Lettings Office 1