Feb 25,2017
Feb 25,2017
This agent sends you to view sold STC without informing you. They don't mark properties soldSTC until after survey.
By: Tom Cranenburgh
Mar 24, 2017
Hello - You viewed the property back on the 25th February. Unfortunately for the seller the chosen buyer has been declined a mortgage as his employment situation has changed. The property is available if you would like to submit an offer? Kind Regards Tom
By: Clare Topham
Mar 23, 2017
Fact is, I am a professional landlord, not interested in wasting my time visiting properties that have already been sold, even though I made this clear I was sent to a property which had been sold (STC) and I was asked by the vendor to beat the price. Buyers beware of this on line internet estate
By: Tom Cranenburgh
Mar 23, 2017
Thanks for your comment รขโ‚ฌโ€œ we like to hear from customers about their experience with GetAnOffer. I wouldn't say we activity encourages Gazumping but we of course work for the seller to get the best possible price in the quickest time frame. This means in many cases it's not the highest offer that is actually accepted by the seller. Part of our job is to market the property and give the seller choice. We may have a Cash buyer offering less than a buyer needing a mortgage but a seller may accept the cash offer as they can proceed to exchange contracts faster.

If a vendor chooses to proceed with a buyer who is needing a mortgage then finances are not actually in place until the survey is carried out and the underwriters have issued a mortgage offer. After a survey is carried out, some buyers will also try to re-negotiate on the price. We often adopted the method of keeping a property on the market until a survey is booked as this is the point at which a buyer becomes liable for costs (survey fee). We understand a buyer is at risk of spending money and not getting the property but that is the case with all property purchases in the UK. In this scenario we recommended you team up with a Solicitor that offers a No Sale No Fee service"

To summarize a sale is never definite until contracts have exchanged via the solicitors and we do our best to protect the seller and making sure a property completes in the quickest time at the agreed price. A lot can happen between agreeing a price and handing over the keys and it's our Job to help with communication. The worst part of my Job is telling a vendor that a buyer is not proceeding with a purchase.

I'm happy to discuss this further if you have any questions.

Get An Offer