Apr 12,2012
By: 'MM'
Apr 12,2012
These people are good while you are renting a property, but turns opposite when you are ending the rental. They will try to rip you off.

I had a good experience and impression on these people while renting through them. But things suddenly changed when I gave the notice. When I moved into the property it was not properly cleaned and this was mentioned in the check-in report. So I got someone and got it cleaned before I moved in .But when I checked out, the deducted money for cleaning eventhough the inventory clerk commented that the property is maintained in better condition than at the time of check-in.

While I was renting, there happened to be a mark of iron box at one corner of the carpet. The carpet was actually old by at least 5 years. But they deducted the money to replace the entire carpet and which was even higher than actual cost. Also ‚£50 admin fee to oversee the replacement work. But the worst part is they didnt even replace it when they rented to the next people eventhough they charged money from me for new carpet plus admin fee.

I couldnt dispute against this because I am self-employed. So I didnt have time to go after these people because that may cause me loose more money on my income.

So my advice is be careful while dealing with these guys. especially read check-in report and evenif a slight dirt somewhere make sure that is clearly noted that in the check-in report.
By: Terence &Davina
Apr 04, 2018
This estate agency is the worst we've ever encountered. No one meet us when we arrived, although someone should have been there to deal with introductions keys, etc. No-one bothered to turn up and we had to go to their office and try to get someone to help. Eventually, one of the staff did help, but said, because of their relationship with the landlords, they were not prepared to do anymore. We gave notice as soon as we could having suffered the worst 6 months of our lives. They were terrible, and the landlord were understanding and we got our full deposit back. Avoid them like the plague, if you possibly can.

Woodward Estate Agents