May 11,2009
May 11,2009
This letting agent is completely incompetent.

They pressured me into accepting tenants, did not properly check references, and worst of all accepted a cloned credt card as payment of rent and deposit from the tenant. This was despite the fact that the tenant was present, his name did not match that on the card, and he obviously did not have the cardholders permission! The agent in question has admitted acknowedging the card was registered in another name but taking it anyway. Their attitude is that it is my liability, and not their problem. The police, my solicitor, citizens advice all disagree.

Further to this, their customer service is appauling and unbelievably slow responding to emails. They did not inform me of the cloned credit card and unpaid rent when they found out a couple of weeks after the tenants moved, even though the police and solicitors were already involved. They also delayed the application for a court date to evict the tenants by 3 weeks, by not sending crucial information to the solicitor.

I am refering the case to ARLA, as Ludlow have not done anything to compensate me. If ARLA are unable to resolve, I will be taking them to court.

By: Customer Services
May 18, 2009
It is a shame that the relationship between our Client and Ludlow Thompson has become strained and we apologise for this.

We reiterate that our references threw up no cause for concern with the tenant and there was no negative credit information about the tenant. There has been no lack of diligence on behalf of any member of staff or the company and we will strenuously defend our position on this.
On the basis of the allegations made by the card company of a cloned card, clearly the tenant has made a concerted effort to defraud us and the Landlord, this is a criminal activity and not something we can be held accountable for and we have made all necessary and normal checks. It would be up to the relevant authorities to make and pursue their own enquiries further on this.

The Landlord has been given protection by the rental warrantee insurance that we have in place. This will pay the rent, subject to the policy excess up to the date the tenants leave. A claim is already in progress.

A refund of fees will be made for the tenancy which has not completed.

We hope that this difficult tenancy will soon concluded as the abandonement notice on the property expires and that the Landlord will be able to move forward with a new tenancy.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Dulwich! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Dulwich, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Dulwich

81-83 Lordship Lane Dulwich, London