Feb 07,2017
Feb 07,2017
PLEASE READ THIS - DO NOT USE THIS AGENCY.

I stumped up £875 for a deposit I was informed was 'Protected' under a government scheme, which makes it sound legitimate. 3 days after I moved out I received an e-mail from them listing what they would be deducting. The deductions totalled £500. I cleaned the flat before moving out, top to bottom, and left a wicker chest of drawers for them as I could not fit it into the van when moving. They will charge you £95 to 'release' the deposit (I don't remember charging them £95 to give it to them in the first place??) £20 for THREE lightbulbs that didn't work when I moved in, £117 cleaning bill for watermarks on taps and some dust on the floor (REALLY!!) Oh and there will also be a VAT charge on all of this for them to line their pockets with your hard-earned cash aswell, mine totalled £70 for this privilege. I argued the VAT & £95 'release' fee, to which I received an e-mail quoting point '3.12.7.16.4' of the 400 page contract they insist you sign before moving in, to tie you into a water-tight contract to rip you off. Like anyone has the time to read all of this? 400 pages might not even be an exaggeration, it was crazy, and in hind-sight I should've been a bit more savvy, lesson learned.

This is the tip of the iceberg. I unfortunately mis-laid my door-keys, I went to the agency on the Saturday to request a copy so that I could cut them, to which a woman in a suit laid back, legs stretched out, hands behind head, said: 'Don't have them here, they're in the other office and it's shut.' So I asked how I was to get in, to which she SHRUGGED and said 'Gonna have to get a locksmith, oh and you've put the property at risk so you'll have to get the locks changed at your expense and cut the keys for us aswell.' Utter rudeness and contempt. I told her that would certainly NOT be happening! Anyway I ended up paying £65 just to get into my flat, then arguing til I was blue in the face just to get a spare from their 'other' office, so that I could cut it.

Moral of the story - read title.
Crazy, £225 in fees if I remember rightly, plus the deposit of £875, plus one months rent up front. Say goodbye to the deposit now...

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Lettings Direct Office 1! To leave a new review of Lettings Direct Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Lettings Direct Office 1