Apr 05,2012
Apr 05,2012
I own a flat in a small block for which the owners have formed a Right To Manage company. Haart were appointed by a mortgage company to resell one of the flats that had been repossessed. Without asking permission they banged one of their 'For Sale' signs into the front garden wall. The nails caused the faces of a couple of bricks to come away. Annoying, but very minor. Consequently, we removed the board and tried to contact them to ask them not to fix signs without permission. After 20 minutes of ringing, we couldn't get through so gave up. Sometime later another board appeared, so we removed it again and had a 'No Agent Boards' sign made and fitted in clear view. Slightly more annoying, but still not the end of the world. Sometime later they fitted a commercial A-board like the ones fitted to office blocks to the house itself! They didn't even position it on the flat they were selling, but fixed it to mine as it was higher up, so harder to remove.

The building is made of soft Victorian brick, and the masonry nails they used will cause several faces to spall which will lead to frost damage and water penetration. I was very annoyed by this time, so visited the Manager, Peter Ttouli, at the Ealing branch. He tried to argue that what he had done was perfectly acceptable and that he had permission. I explained loudly, and with some very coarse languauge, that he did not have permission to fix advertising hoardings to my flat in the building that I manage. He then asked if I was the irate person who had called him to make the same point two weeks earlier! I explained that I didn't know who had called, but presumably it was another owner. I asked why he hadn't taken it down when he was initially contacted, and his response was that the caller was rude! As you can imagine, I proceed to be rude myself. I await to see if they remove the A-board from my flat and make good the damage.

I have been involved with property letting and management for 15 years, and have not come across such flagrant dodginess before.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Haart Office 49! To leave a new review of Haart Office 49, please click the link below !
Write a review for Haart Office 49