Apr 04,2012
Apr 04,2012
Oh Bridges how you disappoint me. The staff are nice enough if not a little cliche in their typical salesman avoidance techniques. Then came the charges - £330 for a referral, £120 for a guarantors fee. How do you justify that? You can't. There are plenty of independent places that would do a referral for £15, but estate agents add their £315 cherry on top. They are making these amounts up and the only thing that makes them legal is that it's on paper.

Then comes the issue of the"check-in fee" - another word for a inventory fee. This was never mentioned to us when we were looking at the flat despite directly asking "are there any other charges". Typical sales-people. So all in all, it cost us £600 in fees alone, which is simply ridiculous. How can anyone justify that? Bear in mind that this is also a minimum, you will be charged a minimum of 12 days rent for a referral fee or £330, whichever is more, so on a £1500/month property that would be £600. So if you're happy to pay for an estate agent's BMW then by all means choose them.

It is clear that Bridges are quite clever with bumping bad reviews off this board as well. There were 13 reviews between 12/2008 and 05/2011 (2.5 years) of which 6 were bad, then magically in 1 year 62 new good/excellent reviews appear, bumping the six bad ones off to the last page. This has also been done on google maps where a gentleman called Tony has given three similar excellent reviews to all the offices, yet never anything else. Bridges - feel free to try and bump this one off, but I'll be watching this space.

***Please note that removing this review will be subject to a £600 referral fee***
Stop being money grabbing bastards who make it difficult for those moving out the first time.
By: James
Apr 26, 2012
Unfortunately the reviews do not follow uniform growth seen on this site. I would like to point out the review stats for the last 8 months and previous to that:

From 2008-08/2011 12 good, 6 bad, total=18
09/2011 1 good, 0 bad, total= 1
10/2011 0 good, 0 bad, total= 0
11/2011 49 good, 1 bad, total=50
12/2011 3 good, 0 bad, total= 3
01/2012 2 good, 0 bad, total= 2
02/2012 0 good, 0 bad, total= 0
03/2012 0 good, 0 bad, total= 0
04/2012 0 good, 1 bad, total= 0 (mine is the bad one, and this is up to the date of this comment).

So it does appear there is a massive spike in November last year and few comments after that, not really reflective of growing site use. Too much time on my hands? Probably. Though as an additional point to the review I would like to add that actually despite the problems highlighted in my original review, that the staff have been decent and helpful to me with my move. Still got a massive lack of money in my wallet though.
By: Dan
Apr 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Bridges Lettings are licensed by the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) and The National Approved Letting Scheme (NALS) and as such have to adhere to strict working practices. Any fee we charge is completely transparent and fair and would have been confirmed in writing beforehand. We regularly carry out market research to ensure that our business remains competitive in terms of charges. We move in nearly forty new sets of tenants a month and we are extremely proud of the high level of service and protection we are able to deliver to all our landlords and tenants. We have no control over any of the reviews that appear on this website. I would point out that the use of the Allagents website has increased considerably in the last year which would explain why we have had so many reviews and the fact that these reviews rated us good/excellent is testament to the high levels of service that our committed staff offer.
Daniel Pockett MARLA

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Bridges Estate Agents Ash Vale Wharf! To leave a new review of Bridges Estate Agents Ash Vale Wharf, please click the link below !
Write a review for Bridges Estate Agents Ash Vale Wharf