Apr 02,2012
Apr 02,2012
I contacted the agency to look for a 2 bed property for myself and my unborn son. I made them fully aware of my situation before I was told about this particular property. I arranged a viewing with Grant Brown which I attended with my mother. I showed my interest and told Grant that due to me being on maternity leave I would be receiving some help from the local council. I was assured by Grant that this is no problem and that the landlord is fine with this.

I arranged another viewing 1week later which I attended with my sister. I told Grant I wanted the property. With that he made me read this info sheet whilst rushing me as he needed to get back to the office. I was made to sign this on the pavement an told that I needed to pay the holding deposit there and then in cash. My mother was paying for this on her card and I explained this and that due to her being cabin crew she was out of the country until Monday! He didn't like this and told me that it wasn't procedure to take payment using a debit card. My mum called on the Tuesday and paid the holding fee.

I didn't hear anything from them for 2 weeks when Grant finally called. He told me that the landlord had some reservations about me being unemployed which is not the case. Grant had failed to remember that I was employed but on maternity leave from May. He told me he would tell the landlord this and that it would be fine. This was Wednesday AM. I then heard from him on Friday PM to tell me that the landlord was still not happy but he was going to call him again and speak to him. Not 2 mins passed until Grant called me back saying that the landlord wanted a guarantor.

The guarantor had to be an asset owner and earn £29k per year. I questioned this and this is when I was honoured with taking to the agency bully - David ! I was told that it wasn't a big ask and that my mum should do it and if she didn't then what kind of family did I have. I spoke with my sister who said she was happy to do it. I spoke to Grant again on Saturday and explained all and he was 100% happy that my sister was going to be the guarantor.

On the Monday Georige the admin junior asked me to confirm the salary my sister earned. I told her I had sorted this with Grant and all was fine. The next thing Grant is on the phone talking to me like I'm some sort of dirt that he has wiped of his primark shoe and started calling me a liar! I explained all of the above to him and he was adamant he told me from the start I would need a gaurantor!

I then received a nasty email from the bully - David which wasn't written professionally.

I have now been told that due to me failing the reference procedure ( how this is possible I have no idea due to my reference form still being in my handbag) and that I'm not suitable for the property. Amy holding deposit won't be refunded and that's it!

I advise everyone to stay well clear of these cowboys. I'm 6 months pregnant and they have no guilt in robbing people of money , causing stress and making things extra hard for honest people like myself. A number of people have had their innocent fingers burnt by these bullies!!!!!!
Close down and learn some customer service!
By: David OConnor
Sep 19, 2012
Turning any tenant down is difficult. It is a rare event, though sometimes it is required. The tenant in this case required a guarantor due to the maternity status. The reference failed due to delays in returning the required forms. We do stand by the position that if a parent is not willing be guarantor them we would unlikely accept the tenant. We explained to the tenant her complaint procedure option which she choose not to follow.
Though clearly the applicant and our view of events differ, we did return half the holding fee as a gesture of goodwill.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Platinum Estates (Crawley) Office 1! To leave a new review of Platinum Estates (Crawley) Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Platinum Estates (Crawley) Office 1