Jan 16,2017
By: 'Tina'
Jan 16,2017
Extremely inefficient, dishonest and lazy. Real agencies perform the administrative work they exist to do.
This isn't the first agency I have dealt with. But it is the first one who wanted me to do their work. Not enough, when I informed them some of my paperwork may take a day or two longer than what I had submitted already, they were willing to wait for us. But they still tried to drop us an hour after my most recent email update to them.
Yes, their standard phrasing allows only 72 hours. But our specific communication had already covered the specifics. Yet they tried to hide behind their stock phases as excuse for dropping us.
Even with such a shoddy work ethic, they have the nerve to be dismissive of a customer's comments on their inconsistent and lazy approach and threaten to refuse one service.

I didn't realise the property market was doing so well, they can afford to treat keen customers, who have to work around full time work to comply with all their nonsense, as a nuisance.

Shamefully unprofessional.
N/A
By: Laura Weir
Feb 08, 2017
Dear Tina,

I am sorry that you have not had a positive experience with our agency. Agencies no longer charge tenancies agency fees (this has been the case for several years in Scotland now) and therefore like many other agencies either ask a prospective tenant to gather the required references or use a recommended 3rd party to do this on their behalf. DL Scotland allow 72hours to gather the required references however if a prospective tenant advises in the interim that they cannot meet requirements then we have no choice but to pull them out of the let in order to protect our landlords against potential issues that may arise.

Direct Lettings are a member of several governing bodies for the letting industry and our staff go through constant training on industry standards and customer care. Due to this we do take every complaint seriously and have a written complaint procedure that is available on request. Should you like to discuss this further then please send an email to edinburghenquiries@dlscotland.com.

Direct Lettings Ltd (Edinburgh)

5 - 6 Melville Place Edinburgh