Mar 29,2012
Mar 29,2012
Strongly encourage all potential tenants to avoid Lauristons.

I joined into a flat share, paid my fees etc to be put on the lease. Signed all the documents and sent them back, even sent an email asking if everything was in line and was told it is. A couple of months later we were told that the landlord was selling the house. The property was subsequently sold (through Lauristons) and we were told we had a month to move out.

There was a break clause in the lease but it was not employable for several months. When we brought attention to this because we needed more time to find a new place instead of implicating the sale of the house Lauristons conveniently informed us that the landlord never signed the lease and therefore they were being generous giving us a month (2 weeks at this point). This was a blatant conflict of interest as they would collect commissions from the sale but had to have us out to complete it yet they were meant to be the 3rd party managing our tenancy for the landlord/seller.

At the very least they took my money to put me on the lease and never did so, meaning I was living in a house for months at risk with void insurance etc. Or, they deleted/binned the version with the Landlords signature to force us out and complete the sale. Either way we had to spend hundreds of pounds on temporary accommodation and storage for bulk belongings.

I made several attempts to get them to return the fees I paid to move in but was constantly forwarded to different people in different locations and never had calls or emails returned. At one point I was told that the only person who was capable of helping me had been in a car accident and I wouldn't be able to reach him for at least a month. I feel sorry for the guy if that was actually the case but after everything else I don't feel I am out of line to be suspicious ...

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Lauristons Battersea! To leave a new review of Lauristons Battersea, please click the link below !
Write a review for Lauristons Battersea