Mar 29,2012
Lucas Wu
Mar 29,2012
The agent I dealt with was extremely pushy and aggressive. Walked into their shop and talked to him to let him know my requirements, everything looked fine and left. 2 mins later (literally 2 mins) I receive a call from the same person I had just finished to talk to and I am told that for my budget he shuld not be able to find anything...oh my God, we were talking about that a few moments ago why do the problems arise just now? Is this a prank call? Anyway he adds he can show me a property a bit more expensive than what I would be looking for - well I am flexible both for move-in dates and price (I made it clear earlier) and ask him where the property is.Well, I had already had viewings there and reply I am not interested. AGAIN he starts to say that I won't be finding anything at all. I end the conversation by saying I am able to wait to see what the market is going to offer.
The day later I receive an e-mail from him and agree a viewing for a different property (by the way I HAD to view that on Monday because Tuesday would have been too late in his opinion... I went Monday and Wednesday (or Thursday I can't remember precisely) I was asked whether I had liked the property or not...surprise surprise it was not gone yet. However I told him I didn't like it and AGAIN he said that the property market was busy and the prices were going increase more and more so basically he didn't say that but sounded like I was going to be homeless. I politely repeated him I was very flexible ( I didn't tell him I knew the market pretty well because of my job and didn't believe a single word of what he was saying) and the last "threat" from him was that I had probably wait until the end of the Olympics. I told him I could wait (tit was true) but from that moment on I put this agent on the blacklist and, guess what, the very next day I found a property in one of the finest and newest buildings of the area I was having my search for a price more or less similar to what I was willing to pay (15£ pw over budget).
I'd urge anyone not to believe to this kind of pushy and aggressive behaviour, London has a very dynamic market and you won't end up being homeless if you keep searching every single day and deal with the right agents.

Madley Property Services