Mar 29,2012
Mar 29,2012
'Terrible' doesn't begin to do justice to this company. My daughter almost had a complete breakdown through their atrocious business practices. Hamilton Fox didn't even send us a copy of the rental agreement, a list of contents or the tenants references or details, so my daughter's flat was let out to complete strangers we'd never met, she couldn't remember all the contents she had left there, and if the tenants decided to strip or trash the place and debunk we had no way of tracking them down. Two years and many lies and excuses down the line, they still have the tenants deposits and owe us three months rent (they only ever paid us the first month's rent LESS their fee). Now I am several thousand pounds out of pocket which, having no income whatsoever, I can't afford AND the tenants are moving and want their deposits back but I have no idea where they are (probably just trousered by Hamilton Fox rather than in an escrow account) nor any access to the monies. What's more gutting is that these people do this BECAUSE THEY CAN whilst honest hard working people seem to have no recourse in law - we daren't even say exactly what we think of them. Who does the law protect?
Conducted their business in a professional and honest manner; not stolen from us then lied repeatedly.
Jan 06, 2013
I agree with everything said by the two above and had the same experiences. My advice - don't use them.
By: kissekatt
May 22, 2012
I am having the same problem with Hamilton Fox, Bethnal Green branch before they went into liqidation last year.
I am still out of pocket my tentants deposit and they are now claiming it back from me (I never got it from the estate agent and I dont have the whole £1200 that the tenants paid into the estate agent account. The Hamiliton Fox estate agent did not follow the law by using a tenancy deposit scheme, that by law all agents and landlords has to registrer with from 2007.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Hamilton Fox Estate Agents Office 2! To leave a new review of Hamilton Fox Estate Agents Office 2, please click the link below !
Write a review for Hamilton Fox Estate Agents Office 2