Jan 09,2017
Jan 09,2017
After staying in the apartment for 22 months and leasing agreement was about to complete in next 2 months, it was a struggle for me to get the security deposit back. I have talked with many of my friends in UK and they never had these kind of service for any reputed agency.

I was really not expecting this kind of service, I will never refer this agency for any tenancy to any of my friends in UK.
By: naz
Jan 09, 2017
Hi Soma

I am sorry you feel this way.

As per the tenancy contract you were required to serve a 2 months notice if you wanted to terminate the contract before it expires.

You served the 2 months notice on the 18th October 2016 which means you are required to pay rent until the 17th December 2016.

We agreed, if we find a tenant who can move in earlier then you can move out earlier. But unfortunately we didn't find a tenant which means you are responsible to pay the rent till the 17th December 2016.

The landlord who lives on the ground floor at the building manages the property and is in charge of the deposit. We have straightway informed the landlord to release your balance deposit. We have email evidences of this if you wish to check.

The last months rent was not paid and deducted from your deposit. Other than this the deposit was refunded in full without any deductions.

I understand you were living in the property for 22 months but please note it is the landlords decision to enforce the contract and deducted the finals months rent from your deposit.

Kind Regards