Mar 20,2012
Mar 20,2012
I viewed a property with Martin & Co for a rental property in Chelmer Village, Chelmsford Essex
From the time of the first phone call it was a shocking display of incompetence. Somehow we managed to arrange a viewing despite the very inexperienced young lady not really knowing her job; she had a serious lack of knowledge regarding the property Martin and Co were advertising. During the viewing I said "the main reception area was dark and there was a lack of natural sunlight due to the small window", the girl replied "its OK if you turn on all the lights" this was in the middle of the day! We had only been there about five min before another couple knocked on the door to view the property (obviously double booked) the agent said we should show our-self's round upstairs so she could also show them the downstairs, we didn't see her again for about 10 Min's. Finally when we went down stairs and stood about while the other couple asked questions, finally we got to speak to her again, she was clueless about everything. Despite her lack of knowledge we were interested in the property and asked her to contact us ASAP to discuss the referencing once she found out the answers to our questions, simple stuff like "when is the property available to move in?". she didn't call back, when I called them back I spoke to someone else who rudely informed me that the property was no longer available. Avoid Martin and Co Chelmsford at all costs, they had no idea how to be professional and were rude and seemed only interested in the sale commission. I can only speak about the staff at Chelmsford and have had no dealings with other branches of Martin & Co
1) They could have advanced knowledge of the property they were trying to sell, which would have made them seem less incompetent. 2) They need to be more professional 3) They need to be polite and not rude 4) they need to allow time for viewings, or address the reasons they double booked us I will never use Martin & Co Chelmsford fin the future and would discourage anyone from using their services.
By: Michael
Jul 30, 2013
Absolutely awful, I would avoid Chelmsford Martin & Co at all costs. The whole process, which should have been relatively simple, has been a complete mess. During the time they were in contact with me, I have spoken to at least 5 different members of the team, who I have to explain my problems too all over again, it would seem there is no communication within their team.
I should have read the early warning signs when the property was first advertised incorrectly on the Martin & Co website and despite me pointing this out, the same mistake is made every time I speak to someone else. The general knowledge of the team is abysmal as none of them seem to be able to answer basic questions. I am always told “leave that with me” or I’ll get back to you” which would be fine if they actually did get back to me.

When I do ask a question, I have to chase several times to get an answer and when I do get an answer, it’s of very poor quality and I’m made to feel like I’m doing something wrong for chasing! The general feeling is that the staff do not seem to care.
By: Stephen Frost
Apr 15, 2012
I would ask, If you have a valid complaint, please contact me personally, specify your name and I will be able to respond accordingly. We pride ourselves on the level of Customer Service we offer and if this is genuine I would like to discuss this with you. Should this be a serious complaint, that I cannot resolve, we are voluntary members of The Property Ombudsman and Licenced members of ARLA who both have a process for dealing with complaints.
Stephen Frost FARLA
Director
Martin & Co Chelmsford

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Martin & Co Office 185! To leave a new review of Martin & Co Office 185, please click the link below !
Write a review for Martin & Co Office 185