Dec 12,2011
Dec 12,2011
DO NOT PAY DAVID ST. JAMES OR THEIR AGENTS 500GBP DEPOSITS. It is impossible for me to differentiate David St. James agent (RM) from a predatory sociopath (who appears to have posted, or has had posted on his behalf, the 5-star ratings below which appear phony and are designed to pump him and push from sight the multitude of complaints about David St. James and their agents for apparent fraud, scams and swindling of customers). RM aggressively and deceptively exploited me for a 500gbp deposit money as a grabbing scheme for the agencies/his source of income. DO NOT FALL FOR THE SCAM. He met me wearing a hooded sweatshirt, jeans and driving a grayish-silver BMW 1-series 2-door with gray cloth seats which he used as his scamming office claiming it was his day off (weekday) and he was in a HURRY!

I called to view a bayswater flat. Before I ever saw it, RM wanted my bank account numbers or paypal transfer of 500gbp to secure the flat. I refused. When I met him at the property, he did not even have a key to get in. Yet, he constantly pressured me to give him 500gbp ...flat sight unseen ...because he said...'its going to go fast....I need 500gbp to hold it for you until I can get the locks changed'. Then, after I refused to give him 500gbp, I got persistent calls from RM to send DSJ 500gbp to hold the flat until David St. James could have the lock changed. When he finally got a key, he said this was his day off and he only had a minute to show the flat ~he even used his mother as an excuse to pressure me for 500gbp saying ...'she's waiting for me'. We were in and out of the flat in less than a minute with him constantly complaining...we got to go...I'm going to get a 100gbp parking ticket ...we have to go to my car right now. He said "estate agents are swarming all over this need to give me 500gbp now or its gone." He offered an immediate discount from the 270ppw rent to 250ppw if I payed 6-months rent in advance in cash.

Sitting in his dimly lit scam-mo-bimmer (gray bmw 1-series with gray cloth seats) he said...I have to go...I'm late...I got to get this done fast...sign here...give me 500gpb...I got to take it right back to the office to get it deposited so I can take it off the market...then he sped off. I signed a paper without ever seeing the bottom part which was covered up except for the signature line. He said..."trust me"...I'll send you a copy...I have to run before another agent gets it. Off he went in his grey BMW 1-series with grey cloth seats with my 500gbp. DO NOT GET INTO HIS CAR. IT IS HIS SCAM OFFICE. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE THE PAPERWORK AND HE WILL BE IN A 'HURRY' TO GET AWAY WITH YOUR MONEY OR ACCOUNT NUMBERS. It is highly likely that his primary source of income is the 500gbp he gets people to pay. If he can scam one person a day, that's not a bad income even if he has to split it with DSJ and they conjointly try to wear down complainants to just give up trying to get it refunded. (See other 1-star complaints below about David St James business pract and their ...customer service).

After RM sped off with my 500gbp, I felt like I was just scammed so I google searched "David St. James Review" and found this website. I was shocked and appalled at the severity of complaints and immediately sent him an email with a link to this site and stated emphatically that I could not possibly do business with him or his company and demanded an immediate refund of my 500gbp. He sent me an email saying my offer had been accepted but refused to say by whom it was accepted and COULD NOT NAME THE OWNER(S) of the property. After reading all the complaints posted on this website, I (or anyone) would have to be crazy to pay David St James a deposit much less 6-months rent-cash in advance-for a contrived discount after reading the scams and severity of problems posted below with similar complaints.

RM, the agent cited in the 5-star apparently contrived pump postings below, said the people who post complaints here are '...just a bunch of complainers who post on cites like this...we don't pay any attention to them'. He had a patent disregard for them and me saying....'we're keeping your 500gbp...your not getting it can send your complaint to our customer service and to David James but we are keeping your 500gbp...go ahead and complain...become one of those posters on websites...we don't care'. His statements are an indictment and confession of the collusion in fraud at David St. James across all administrative levels. He also had the audacity to try to cover up his scam by sending me a NEW subsequent email saying ...Hi, I look forward to seeing you at our 11am meeting though none of the other emails ever existed. NO such meeting was ever scheduled. It was just an attempted cover up by RM...a premeditated scam with rehearsed DSJ contrived cover-up schemes.

Complainants on this site and other such sites about David St James which have complaints of fraud, deceit and ripoffs at David St James need to go viral so all potential tenants in the greater London area can be informed of the robust number of complaints about David St. James BEFORE they get swindled they can choose to avoid them. David St. James is rated at the bottom of the barrell among estate agencies and would be at the exact bottom if not for the apparent 5-star contrived posts.

The people who post complaints here are trying to help others as consumer advocates. Hence, for every person who takes the time to complain, there are probably dozens of others who have not taken the time to do so but have similar grievances. Therefore, what is also now needed is an organization of complainants into a class action lawsuit against David St James as there is a recurrent theme of apparent fraud and deceit evident is these complaints. I doubt it would take much time to find 500 complainants to join such a suit.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of David St James Office 1! To leave a new review of David St James Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for David St James Office 1