Dec 15,2016
Dec 15,2016
Absolutely atrocious customer service!!!
I went through the correct leaving procedure with my Bridgfords letting agency which was located in north shields however has now moved to Tynemouth in north Tyneside.
I had vacated my rented property in Tynemouth before I was due to as I was moving to New Zezaland, My Mother was at hand to do the leaving/closing appointment which confirmed the property was of high standard and I would be allowed my full bond returned to my account (this was the week of the 5/09/2016).
it is now 15/12/16 almost 2 months later and I am still without my bond money. After repeatedly contacting Bridgfords, only to hear that the landlord wants to take some money for a little grouting in the bathroom which does not have a window only a small vent. This is not Damage to a property, regrouting constitutes part of the necessary upkeep of the property that falls within the remit of the landlords duties. It is not damage that can reasonably be expected to be covered by the bond, and this is not a cost should be covered by a tenant!!!

If this continues I will personally write to the local papers, and take up legal action
By: Mel
Dec 15, 2016
How unprofessional as an agent. I am a landlord and you don't need legal action. Raise a complaint with the agency holding the deposit ( we use DPS). They will order them to return within 7 days your deposit munis the amount in dispute. They will then act as arbitrators to review both sides and see if the deduction was fair. Sound highly unlikely it was. If this is the case then will have 7 days to return the rest. I am assuming your contract did not state a timeframe for deposit return.

Bridgfords