...left to get your reviews in for the 2018 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Dec 13,2016
By: 'hs001jde'
Dec 13,2016
Overall I was greatly disappointed with Russell Property.

They appeared suitably professional and polished when it came to selling their full management package and until I had a maintenance issue they were doing their job as well as could be expected. When something does go wrong however, you'll wonder why you're paying for a full management package. They seem to have a group of contractors who they automatically turn to. These contractors complete a below standard job and take advantage of the situation by charging the landlord over the odds. I had damage caused to my property on one occasion and on all other occasions I paid extortionate fees or paid unjustified 'call out' charges. On one occasion the tenant complained of a tap not working in the shower. They sent 'their man' round who tightened a screw and charged me £60 for the pleasure. Why couldn't someone from RP go round and assess the situation before sending out a plumber who charges a call out fee?
RP appear to be another letting agent that make an extra bit of profit by charging their landlords over the odds for any maintenance repairs. I could possibly understand this if they weren't one of the more expensive agents in the first place!

My advice? Look elsewhere. For RP, lettings are just a small side business. Their main concern and where most of their profit is made, is in sales. With the new rules coming in with letting agent fees in 2017, I fear their business model will favour the landlord even less.

I'm yet to find a decent dedicated letting agent in Bishop's Stortford, my search continues....
Bad - one of the most expensive fees matched with a standard of service that was lacking at best.

Russell Property Partnership