Mar 28,2012
Mar 28,2012
I'm sure Streets Ahead would be fine with a straightforward transaction, but unfortunately the property I have been trying to buy has a short lease, and the property was seriously overvalued by Streets Ahead. As a result of this, I have lost out on buying the property because when I finally paid for my own surveyor (who has experience in short lease properties) to value the property, it transpired the property had been overvalued by £40k. This resulted in the current owner withdrawing from the sale, after I had spent over £5k in lease extension costs (to ascertain the price of a new lease). Despite having numerous reassurances from Warren Devine that monies would be refunded there has been very little communication from their office or indication that the owner will honour his promise to reimburse me. Perhaps this office would be fine with simple property transactions, but anything complicated I would be wary.
Much more communication. A much better understanding of short-lease properties. They shouldn't take onto their books properties with a short lease if they're not able to value them correctly, or understand the lease extension process properly. The person handling this (Warren Devine) seemed very inexperienced to me.
By: Gary O'Hare
Apr 07, 2012
Dear Ian,
It was very nice to visit you at your home recently and hear the issues you raised in person,As i mentioned it is our
Company Policy to visit our Customers who are less than 100% happy with any aspects of our service.
As you are aware we are doing everything we can to resolve the issue you have raised. We have taken all your points very seriously and we will continue working with all parties untill you are 100% satisfied.
Thank you for highlighting these points,
Gary O'Hare ( Partner )