Mar 28,2012
Mar 28,2012
We have had nothing but issues with Countrywide in York, who now seem to have changed names to Bridgfords but are still part of Countrywide. When we moved in we paid nearly £500 in fees, on top of our deposit and first months rent. We got to the office to make the payment and they told us they had accidentally added up the fees wrong and we actually owed them another £120, we were first time tenants, both myself and partner young and wet behind the ears. Throughout the entire initial process the staff were nothing but accommodating and helpful every step of the way. All this soon changed when they had got our money, and they completely switched off. it took over two weeks to replace a broken washing machine and we have had no heating because even though I have advised that the storage heater in the bedroom does not work at leasat three times, nothing has ever been done to rectify this.

In December just gone we had to pay another £125 to rearrange our tenancy agreement because apparently they can't do a rolling contract, we paid this in good faith and were served with a section 21 with two months notice, because the land lady wanted to sell the property even though we were supposed to be there for at least six months.

I cannot begin to explain how let down I feel by this company and how much I feel like we have been taken for a ride, it is disgusting that they are able to get away with what they do, and it has caused no end of stress and ill feeling.

I would urge anyone that is thinking of going with this company to reassess their options and find somewhere else or someone else to go with.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Countrywide Residential Lettings Office 100! To leave a new review of Countrywide Residential Lettings Office 100, please click the link below !
Write a review for Countrywide Residential Lettings Office 100