Mar 28,2012
Mar 28,2012
I have been dealing with Ben and Stuart - or rather I haven't.. Glenn Flegg simply refuse to respond to my emails enquiring how and when my offer was made to the vendor - they will simly not confirm anything in writing. I doubt that they have put the offer forward -although they are legally required to. We're going round in circles- I really doubt their professionalism!
Responded! And not invented buyers left right and centre.
By: Ben Flegg
Apr 03, 2012
When I spoke to your partner regarding your initial offer, I told him there & then the amount you were offering was not sufficient and that you would have to increase your offer. From the very outset I was instructed by the owner that she would not be willing to accept anything less than £290,000. Therefore I permission to reject any offer below the acceptable mark (£290,000) regardless of your situation, and speed of purchase.

Your partner seemed to think money was not a determining factor in this negotiation, which is a bit naïve considering we had several offers £6,000 more than your offer, these buyers were in a better position with higher amounts of cash for deposit making them lower risk borrowers.

I was crystal clear in the telephone conversartion when you initially made your offer " NOT ACCEPTABLE YOU NEED TO INCREASE! " There were 3 offers at this point £285,000 & £290,000 as well as a full asking price offer of £299,900 (cash) nearly £16,000 pounds more than you offer. This was relayed to your partner, I assumed this was a no brainer and you would realise that this put you out of the negotiations until you increased or counter offered the full asking price offer. Your partner said that’s all you were willing to pay and close to the ceiling of your budget, therefore we moved onto the more serious offers well in excess of your offer.
Again this did not sink in and I was called to be asked what the update was & response, this had been conveyed in the first minute of the initial offer – completely dis-regarded because of the HIGHER OFFERS!!!

I was asked to put this in writing - copy of email

From: Stuart []
Sent: 23 March 2012 10:00
To: ''

Good Morning Mrs Goodwin,

As requested this is written confirmation that your offer of £284,000 for the property on 24 Haymill Road, SL1 6NA has been declined as there are already several offers exceeding yours.

I would like to mention that going to the vendors house asking if we were lying to you, is fine if you were unsure to why you were told before the offer was put forward that it was declined, because of the afore mentioned reasons. only to be told our service was impeccable and your offer had been recieved verbally and rejected immediately! but then you without good reason made an untrue statement regarding our service & professionalism, which we all strongly refute & feel you should retract your comments, as what you assumed had happened was wrong and the vendor confirmed that we had only carried out the instructions given regarding low offers. Even though this was hard for you to accept, you have tried to discredit our highly regarded company. may I ask why?
By: Haymill Resident
Mar 31, 2012
I believe this comment relates to the sale of my property. I have nothing but praise for the way the whole team at Glenn Flegg have been handling my sale and would definitely recommend them. I have been kept informed every step of the way and that includes all the offers that they have received for my property including the two from the 'Burnham resident'. Their first offer was for £16,000 less than the asking price and the second was for £8,000. On both occasions Glenn Flegg informed me of these offers but since I had already received one for the full asking price why would I want to accept a lower one? The service from Ben, Stuart and Lee has been amazing and I am so pleased I chose Glenn Flegg to sell my house.
By: Stuart
Mar 31, 2012
In response to Mrs ******** allegations quite simply her emails were falling into my junk email folder but as soon as it was bought to my attention I resolved the matter and Mrs ******** was apologised to and the offer was placed and declined within minutes. As I had no knowledge of this issue I could not act until it was bought to my attention. If Mrs ******** had called the office to voice her concern rather than knocking on the vendors door it could have been easily resolved in the professional and efficient manner that Glenn Flegg & Co pride themselves on.

In regards to the offer itself, she was advised that we have been receiving offers close to the asking price and that they were being declined as we always try to achieve asking price or as close to a possible. Unfortunately the fact you are a first time buyer (obviously with no chain) holds no weight when making an offer that is substantially lower than existing offers for again obvious reasons.

It is understandable that first time buyers are not necessarily aware of the processes of buying property but if you have any questions, queries, comments or require any advice it is always advisable to call or pop into the office to discuss.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Glenn Flegg & Co Burnham! To leave a new review of Glenn Flegg & Co Burnham, please click the link below !
Write a review for Glenn Flegg & Co Burnham