Sep 19,2011
Sep 19,2011
When I agreed to rent a property in Chelsea we agread terms with the negotiator.
Prior to signing the lease the negotiator then said the landlord wanted a better offer as someone else had made a higher offer on the property.
I increased my offer on the property which the negotiator then said the landlord accepted and I signed the lease.
I paid hefty commission £350 for Tenancy Agreement fee (photocopied standard lease for all properties) - almost one weeks rent.
The property was not too high standard and delivered to me with dirty undefrosted fridge and unhygienic old carpet.
I met the landlord a few weeks later when he had to do some repairs at the premises and he confirmed to me that it was not true that he had demanded a better offer from me and he did not have a better counteroffer from any other party and told me that Foxtons were playing games. So I had paid more for the flat than I should have.
When I left the property Foxtons told me there would be no deduction from my Deposit.
After I vacated the premises they made a £208 deduction from my deposit and said this was due to the "professional clean". As the property was not too standard in cleanliness terms when I moved in then I should not be liable for a "professional clean" when I moved out, therefore I asked for the full deposit to be returned but no one has replied or returned the balance of my deposit.
My advice to all is to avoid Foxtons at all costs.
Speak the truth. No rampant overcharging. Return full deposit.
Attached Files