Jul 06,2011
Jul 06,2011
I am currently renting a property through letting agency Townends and have been living there since April 10 (Sunbury on Thames branch).

There has been a leak in my living room for the past 30 days (reported on the 6th June to the agent). The leak is so heavy it often seems that the water is pouring through the ceiling and on a couple of occasions the bucket containing the leak has overflowed resulting in a damp carpet while I have been at work during the day - the rainy weather of late has not helped this situation!

Although the agent/landlord/freeholder have had various conversations with me regarding repair - nothing has happened to indicate that they will be repairing it in the near future. The only response I repeatedly get back is that \'they are seeking feedback on the situation\'. I am concerned that 1) the ceiling may collapse causing injury and 2) electrics (there are spotlights on the ceiling) may be affected causing a fire. I have been informed this morning by a \'delightful\' staff member at Townends that the leak would not considered a problem until it rained again!!

In the 14months I have been living in this property this is the second leak in that same area (the first in Oct 10 was apparently fixed).

We have also had 2 bathroom leaks - again the first was apparently fixed but reoccured within 10 days. During both periods we were requested to not use the shower - the second time for 3 weeks - until the agency responded to our repeated (unanswered) calls to fix the problem.

We currently also have a hazard in the kitchen. Floorboards had come up as a result of a leak May10 and had been causing me cuts and bruises when I walked in the kitchen - the agency had assessed this previously and deemed it safe and therefore did not repair it, since which time it had become worse.
Despite reminders they failed to take any action for months. Last week I got an email advising that the floorboards would be replaced Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th. I agreed to this considering that it would be completed by Weds 6th when guests from the USA would be arriving to stay with their 21month old daughter for our wedding next week. The floor was removed on Monday but not replaced on Tuesday. This morning (Weds) after chasing them, we were informed that the floor would not be replaced until 11th July and until then the concrete floor would remain. This is clearly a hazard with a toddler in the house so I am going to ask my family to stay in a hotel for the week, even though I have been looking forward to spending time with them before the wedding.

The flat is not habitable but we have had to stay there as we are getting married next week and couldn\'t deal with moving whilst organising and preparing for a wedding. This is supposed to be the happiest time in my life and the state of the place I am living in is not allowing that to happen.

Any landlords looking for an agency should avoid Townends if they want their property to be taken care of properly. Any tenants looking for a property should avoid Townends if they want a competent agent that answers calls, deals with maintenance issues and provides a safe environment to live in.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Townends Sunbury on Thames Branch! To leave a new review of Townends Sunbury on Thames Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for Townends Sunbury on Thames Branch