...left to get your reviews in for the 2018 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Nov 13,2016
By: 'Teddy Howard'
Nov 13,2016
Shocking service. Darren is a complete liar and lost us two houses due to his inability to do his job. The first property he didn't put our bid across (would have been the highest bid) and the second one he mixed our bids up (both confirmed by property owners).
I wouldn't even look at a property that Luff and Wilkin have.
N/A
By: David Wilkin MNAEA (Director)
Jan 26, 2017
I was disappointed to see your comments as it is highly unusual for Luff & Wilkin to receive a review of this nature. I have checked our database and as I understand it, the first property that you mention did receive multiple offers, our records show that all parties were given the same opportunity to submit an offer and the decision was taken by the owner on which offer he wished to accept. It is not always a foregone conclusion that the seller will accept the highest bid and depending on individual circumstances it is often the case that they will choose the buyer with the ability to conclude the transaction the quickest. I feel I must clarify that at the time this sale was being negotiated my Sales Manager Darren Sworn, who you seem to hold personally responsible, was in fact on annual leave!
On the second property, our records show that you were the successful applicant and subsequently lost the property due to your chain collapsing, after giving you two week's grace to re sell, the owners decided to re market their property and I can assure you this was not a decision that was taken lightly. I can also confirm that the owners of both these properties have expressed satisfaction with our service. We go to enormous lengths to make sure that we provide a great service to both clients and applicants but appreciate that sometimes a decision is made by our client, which doesn't always suit the applicant when hoping to buy a home and we are duty bound to carry out our clients instructions.
David Wilkin MNAEA