Mar 23,2012
Mar 23,2012
We approched Dexters for rental properties in Chiswick, they were ever so kind to show us a few, we saw one we liked. After being told by the agent that we could have this flat unfurnished, we put down a holding deposit that same day.

The agent says not a problem, so we fill out all the paper-work, send our bank details, employment- and landlord references etc.. all stressful stuff and time consuming. We signed the 36 months contract & Tenancy agreement and sent it over. The contract didn't mention that the flat was to be let unfurnished, so we made sure to add this condition.

A couple of days later, the agent comes back saying the landlandy wants to keep 2 sofa's inside the flat. They refused to put in writing that we would not be liable to pay for any damage that may occur to the sofas. We decided to make a compromise and agreed to keep them. The agent then contacts us again; with the audacity to ask if we (the prospective tenants), in addition to look after the sofas for the duration of the tenancy, could to take the beds & all other furniture from this 2nd-/1st floor flat to the rubbish dump at own expense!!!

It's clear that the flat was never going to be let unfurnished, yet Dexters proceeded with our application and was more than happy to collect a holding deposit from us on the spot. A great waste of our time, we do not recommend any dealings with this branch.
They could have been honest with the terms of the tenancy .
By: Louise
Apr 05, 2012

I am really sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the service provided by Dexters. I am head of Customer Services here at Dexters and I wondered if I could be of any further assistance. If you could e-mail me further details to, we can discuss the situation directly and try and resolve any outstanding issues for you.

I will look forward to hearing from you.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Dexters Office 4! To leave a new review of Dexters Office 4, please click the link below !
Write a review for Dexters Office 4