Oct 28,2016
Jon Curtis MNAEA
Oct 28,2016
Jon did the initial visit to see our house and give us a fair market value. I was struck by his apparent honesty and enthusiasm for selling our house. His local knowledge of things like ofsted school ratings and catchment areas for senior schools was excellent and I felt at once that he would market our house ,as it was a family home , to the right families , who were looking for the right position as well as the perfect house. The photos were great and showed our house off to prospective buyers( in fact I asked for a copy of them when we moved!).We had lots and lots of viewings on the house over a prolonged period of time. It wasn't an easy house to sell, not being your standard 3 bed semi and some areas of the house did need updating. Aimee liaised with me weekly reference the viewings and both she and Jon really worked hard to sell our house. We were getting some ludicrous offers from potential buyers which were frankly insulting and which Jon knew were really really infuriating me! However we stuck to our guns, refused to take an offer below what we knew the house was worth and ended up taking only £2,000 less than our asking price. We never considered taking our business elsewhere, as despite the length of time it took, neither Jon or Aimee worked really hard to try to qualify the potential buyers and we were aware it was not their fault the buyers were offering ludicrous amounts. The eventual buyer of our house came up from £195,000 to £258,000, and yes they did obviously want to buy our house, but they were helped by Jon and Aimee to see that this was its value and that we were not prepared to take less. All viewings were handled by Jon or Aimee and we did not know they had been as they ensured the house was left in the condition they found it. House selling is so stressful it was a relief to leave it in capable hands. Other estate agents local to the area had tried to push us into putting the house on the market for well below the price we sold it for, I'm guessing looking for a quick easy sale that they didn't have to do any work for. We felt this was dishonest which was why we went with Cross Keys. But it was mainly the confidence we felt in Jon that decided us to use cross keys and then the ongoing efforts of Jon and Aimee to sell our house, that kept us with them. Nobody likes paying a massive chunk of their profit from the sale of their house to an estate agent. But at least we knew they had worked really hard to sell our house, and we did not feel pressured at any point to accept a lower offer. We felt they were working for us and I sincerely hope that cross keys are able to break properly into the market in our locality and Are able to counter other local agents and their bullying techniques with sellers. I would highly recommend them.
High but fair! They worked hard for us.
By: Jon Curtis
Oct 28, 2016
Thank you for such a lovely review Tracey, wishing you all the very best in the future!
By: Aimee
Oct 28, 2016
Hi Tracy, thank you so much for your lovely review, happy we got there in the end! Hope you're all settled in your new home.

Cross Keys Estates