Mar 21,2012
Mar 21,2012
Fulfords are a disgrace. I received notification of an increase in my monthly water bill from £35 to £163 and a few days later Fulfords demanded a rent increase from £725 to £760. I refused to pay the extra rent as the water problem is related to issues in the flat, some of which remain unresolved. I received a letter giving me notice so I stopped my standing order. I found another flat to let with Stags - in the same block but in a better position with the same rent that I am currently paying. Patsy from Fulfords phoned me to say that unless I paid what I owed it would reflect in my reference and I would lose my new flat with Stags. I paid what I owed but she still mentioned arrears on the reference to Rentshield (who most of these agencies use for referencing) and I lost the flat. So they have told me to leave but have prevented me from leaving. To add insult to injury they are marketing my flat at the same rent that I am currently paying.

I have always paid my rent on time and only stopped my standing order when they gave me notice and they only did that because I refused to pay increased rent because of the water issue (to give just one example of what I have endured I had to shower at the public swimming pool for 2 weeks when I was without a boiler - I still paid my rent though).

They will need to apply for a possession order and I will contact the local paper and the local MP. How can I move out when they have deliberately prevented me from moving? If you report a property problem they take it personally.
They could change my reference to allow me to move (as they have given me notice). I always paid my rent on time and only stopped when they gave me notice (see reasons above). I have been renting for 6 years with 3 different agents and have always paid my rent in full and on time (every single month).
By: Rob Farrant
Feb 12, 2014
But you have not always paid rent on time if you stopped paying if and when your Landlord gave you lawful notice. Surely it cannot come as a surprise if your references reflect this.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Fulfords Office 1! To leave a new review of Fulfords Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Fulfords Office 1