Oct 13,2016
Becky Harrison
Andrew
By: 'Chris Mc'
Oct 13,2016
I got valuations from several estate agents and YHomes were the cheapest, but also I felt the most professional of all those I saw. Andrew took the time to put across the advantages of using YHomes and what they offered, whereas I thought the others didn't really do that. All the way through the valuation and listing process the service was excellent and they were easy to deal with. Being available into the evening was an advantage, although I did notice that when it came to booking a valuation I had to wait over a week for an evening appt to be available which was a surprise.
When I chose Yhomes they got the house listed on the market promptly and the online advert was very good. The photos seemed fine, and Andrew helped me a lot in getting each room looking it's best for the photos. Unfortunately I listed it right in the middle of the Brexit vote so interest was low, but Andrew reassured me with some insight from the market and sure enough a couple of weeks later we got a good offer and the house sold. The only negative I would say - and I've never sold a house before with any other agent so I don't know if this is the norm - was that once the offer had been accepted, I pretty much never heard from them again apart from when I phoned to ask about getting in touch with the buyers with a query. On that occasion whilst, as always, the lady was courteous and friendly, it seemed they didn't want to do it and pushed me back towards the solicitors. Also, when the sale finally completed I felt that, considering the friendly personable service early in the sale process, it would have been nice to get a final call just to say thanks for using us and good luck etc - their selling point upfront was around top notch service with the customer at the centre etc, but that was just a small disappointment (I did get an email 2 months later). Otherwise, for the price I was happy and would use them again.
Market leading and threw in a couple of extras as a friend recommended them.

Y Homes Ltd